Recommendations for ALL patients:
- Brush your teeth for 2 minutes after each meal if possible (at least 2-3 times per day), especially in the morning and before bedtime.
- Rinse vigorously with water if you cannot brush after every meal use a fluoride toothpaste and non-alcoholic mouthrinse (i.e. Crest Prohealth or Listerine Total Care Zero)
Floss once a day
- Decrease or stop drinking sugary and/or acidic drinks (sodas, juices, sweet tea). Managing HOW you drink these is important. (Gulp-don?t sip). Switch from a bottle to a can avoid chewing ice and other very hard foods.
- Have a dental checkup, professional cleaning, and in-office fluoride rinse or varnish AT LEAST every 6 months.
- Xrays at least once a year (every 6 months recommended for some patients) see your family doctor for a medical checkup AT LEAST once a year Xrays AT LEAST once a year.
- Chew TUMS with calcium (antacid) once a day
- Smokers: limit to less than ? pack a day or quitting would be great if you can
STRONGLY recommended for patients who are HIGH RISK for cavities, in addition to the above recommendations:
- Xrays and in-office fluoride varnish (instead of rinse) every 6 months
- Carifree treatment rinse (CTx4) twice a day for at least one month (TBD)*
- Continue with Carifree maintenance rinse (CTx3) as your mouthrinse AT LEAST once a day instead of regular rinses*
- Use Carifree neutralizing toothpaste (recommended) or extra fluoride toothpaste (Prevident) instead of regular toothpaste.*
- Switch to using Xylitol as a sugar substitute.*
- If you like gum or mints, 2 pieces of Xylitol gum or mints (Spry) 3 times a day for at least 5 minutes each time*
- *Carifree and Spry products are available for purchase at our office, on Carifree.com, Amazon.com, or Vitacost.com. Xylitol products can be found on Zappgum.com and Xylitolusa.com.
As always, for more information or if you have any questions please ask us!
Leave a Review
Leave a Review
Why choose us?
Dr. Ron Banik and the team at Carolina Family Dentistry take pride in customized gentle dental care for the whole family. We believe in educating our patients and empowering them to get and involved in their dental health.
Nervous or scared of getting dental work? We have sedation options to help you overcome your fears. Experience gentle care while you relax or even sleep.
Dr. Ron Banik and his expert dental team have over 90 years of combined experience helping patients with their smiles and overall dental health.
Experience a relaxed atmosphere in our spacious and comfortable state of the art facility. Kids have their own play area while you can enjoy TV or free WiFi while you wait.
Work with our team to customized treatment options to fit your needs and budget.
Our computerized digital x-ray system allows instant and accurate x-rays but with 50% less radiation than conventional film systems.
See full color pictures of your teeth to help you see what we see. A picture is worth a thousand words.
Enjoy using our total coverage headphones to watch TV or listen to music during your appointment.